January 18, 2009

Using a baby sling...love 'em or hate 'em!

It's the great debate for mom's everywhere - is a sling worth it? We find that mothers either swear by them or hate them. Over the past 2 years there is one main thing that sets one camp from the other - being shown how to use them. Once shown and with a little bit of practice, we're sure you'll love your sling too!

I won't lie...when I first put my sling on I was in the "not so sure about this" group. I hadn't gotten guidance when purchasing my sling and I had bought the wrong size. Once I settled this and I had the salesperson show me how it should fit, I felt a ton more comfortable. No more worrying my baby was going to fall out! Sizing is definitely the most important thing when it comes to a sling. Then you'll need to master the fold and off you go!
At Shower Me With Love, we think every mom will love her Hotsling!


Pink Zone = Best Fit

1. First, if you are still pregnant, there should be some room in the pouch between your belly and the outer rail. You should be able to open it a few inches.

2. Second, if you put your baby in the sling and it feels too tight, you need a larger size.

3. Third, the bottom of the pouch should still be somewhere near your navel. If it is much lower than this, you will need a size smaller.

No comments: